Parents and legal guardians who are new to the district must register their school-aged children at the school in which they will be attending. All registrations must be done in person. The following documents are necessary for registration:
- Proof of Residency
- Deed or lease for the property where you are residing, along with a utility bill.
- Notarized letters from the owner if you are residing with them, along with the owner’s tax bill and a current utility bill.
- Original Certified Birth Certificate
- Passport, if the child was not born in the United States.
- Immunization record / completed “MA School Health Record”
- Massachusetts’s Department of Health requires that all children entering school must have five (5) doses of DPT, four (4) doses of Polio Vaccine, two (2) doses of MMR and three (3) doses of Hepatitis B. This requirement is waived only if the child received their fourth dose of DPT of third dose of Polio Vaccine on or after their fourth birthday.
- In addition, there is also a requirement for two (2) doses of Varicella, unless the child’s physician certified reliable history of Chicken Pox disease.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT NO STUDENT WILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL WITHOUT A COMPLETE HEALTH RECORD.
Free regular physical examinations, including immunizations and lead screenings, are available at the Well Baby Clinic (Lydia Pinkham Clinic), which is located at 250 Derby Street near Pickering Wharf. The clinic hours are Tuesday and Thursday between 1:00 and 4:00 PM. Physical are done on Thursdays. No appointment is necessary. For more information, please call (978) 774-3288.
Upon registration, you will be asked to fill out a Permission to Release Record form so that the school system can obtain the past school records.